So we’re into the last few hours and sadly haven’t quite got as far as I hoped. But… we have got a very simple prototype up, allowing you to add people to the database. The next couple of hours will probably involve
- providing full info in popovers
- including a delete functionality
- implementing a login (and proper security)
- adding the “concerts” page
What have I learnt in the last few hours? Here are the highlights
- Stylus is awesome. Use it.
- Don’t try to use
formtags. It’s not worth the trouble.
- You can (and should) split up your client, server and public files into so-named directories. See the parties example. Goodness knows why this isn’t the default directory structure!
hrtag is useful for splitting up sections
Hope some of that’s useful! If you want to check out the prototype as it develops, bookmark http://fixersdream.meteor.com/.